In that film, the protagonist, Chev, is an assassin who is injected a substance in such a way that he needs adrenaline in his blood so that his heart continues beating.
I was encouraged to watch this film by a friend of mine. We were speaking about the film Transporter, (with the same protagonist), so I hoped to find the same actor acting in the same way as in Transporter, but it hasn't been so. In Crank, all happen very fast, there is lots of action (very unreal action really), but with poor argument. Because of this argument, Chev spends the whole film running, driving quickly... There is no time to think about what's going on.
The end is quite unexpected. I don't like. The word I am searching to define it is "confused". You don't know if the protagonist is alive of not. Fortunately, I know there is a second part (Crank 2), starring by the same actor, so he can't be too dead.
Things that I like:
- The protagonist is one of my favourite actors.
- The protagonist's girlfriend, Amy Smart, is a beautiful woman.
- There is lots of action.
- In the end, a man who Chev had forgiven his life previously, helps him. I like that kind of friendship.
Things that I don't like:
- The end is not happy (although neither sad), it's confused. I don' know.
- The action is maybe too much and too unreal.
- Chev has a nice girlfriend (Eve), but she's a silly, stupid, child-mind character, she doesn't realise about Chev's life! She's not the appropriate character for the protagonist's girlfriend.
- Then, there is a love relation in the film, but not a love story really.
- The argument is quite poor and simple, with almost no surprises.
In conclusion, this is not favourite my film, although, it looks very entertaining.
I'm surprised because, despite all the negative points I've found, there are lots of good opinions and good ratings in the Internet about this film.