Crank 2 from 2009 is the second part of Crank. The main actor is the same, Jason Statham in the role of Chev Chelios.
In this film, a Chinese mafia steals Chev's heart and put an artificial one instead. During the film, Chev has to get electricity to charge the batteries so that the heart continues beating.
I have no words to describe the film and I don't know where to start, but something that I've clear is that I don't like the style. It's an action film but there is too much humour! I didn't know if I was watching an American comedy or an action film. It's not serious...
Things that I like:
- The argument is better than in the previous film, and with some surprises.
- The protagonist's girlfriend is the same actress, but she looks more intelligent and sharper, much better.
- The film is starring by Statham, this is always a point in its favour.
- There are many good action scenes.
Things that I don't like:
- The end is detestable.
- The film style. Not defined.
- Many action scenes are terribly unreal.
- There isn't a love story really. (The same as in Crank).
In conclusion, I have to say that this is an entertaining film, although I didn't hope both Crank and Crank 2 were so.