Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Double pedal

When you buy a drum kit, it usually has a simple pedal to play the kick like this:
My drum kit obviously had one when I bought it. I've practised a lot with it and I'm quite pleased with the result.
Heavy metal and hard rock bands have a drummer who uses a different pedal to be able to play faster. Today, my new drum teacher brought one of these pedals to the class. It name is "Double pedal", look a picture:
 I'm rather advanced in rhythms with single pedal, but I have no experience with one of these wonders. I was surprised, I'd always wanted to play the kick with one and today I've done it. I've enjoyed like a little kid.
After mounting it, my teacher showed me a book to practise with double pedal from the beginning. I've tried during little time and then he told me that I could do what I want, I could practise any rhythm I want or any song I listen! Great! It has been a wonderful although short experience, but I was happy. Also, the pedal I've tried is a very good and expensive pedal, so better.

In the end of the class, my teacher told me, he's going to bring the pedal to the next class too. I'll wait...!

No comments:

Post a Comment