Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

It starts with: One thing.

The other day I watched a cover of "What I have done" by Linkin Park in youtube, for piano. It sounded very good and later I thought about doing one version of other song. Moreover, I almost didn't use my piano keyboard and it was time to try something new.

I chose "In the end", by the same band, as you know, mainly because I've always loved this song and I know it perfectly.

It was the first time I wanted to do a good cover. So I accepted that this wouldn't be a one-day project. I wanted it to be as accurate as possible, so I kept at least, the same original tone.

I spent several hours working and the result was very good, although every day I add small details. By the way, I did it by ear, like the majority of covers, and futhermore it is so much quicker and more pleasant than deal with sheet music.

Now, I'm practising it every day so that I can record it some day. Because by now I can't play it without errors. Maybe in a couple of weeks you have a video posted. Or maybe still not.


No comments:

Post a Comment