Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Review

And now, this way we arrive to the end of this year. I don't know very well what to write but I want to make a review more or less of 2011 with events that... attracted my attention. I'm sure, I leave many of its so this will be a bit subjective. Let's go!

January




No smoking law was approved in Spain. Then, it's forbidden to smoke in whatever closed place, and in many other locations and conditions. That is something good for non-smokers like me, of course. To my mind, I opine, this law has two meanings, the main is to care our health, but the other is to evade what would be really a lack of respect.


February



Adele launched her best album "21" for me, with amazing songs like "Rolling in the deep" or  "Something like you", very very good disc.










Nintendo 3DS was a very eagerly awaited. Later, problems started to appear related to the health (eye pain, headache...) and now, because of different factors, it is considered one of the 2011 fails.






March





The Ipad 2, was launched, and, as all Apple products, it has lots of success. I had the chance of try it and I liked it. People opine a tablet is useful, they bought it. It has been one of the great successes of Apple in 2011. 










The nuclear accident of Fukushima nuclear central was, if I'm right, the worst disaster of the 2011. 








April




In April, like all we know, a new version from Canonical came to us. This year was Ubuntu 11.04 turn. A great free software brought lots of novelties, like other desktop called Unity.









Paul Walker and Vin Diesel acted in Fast Five. An incredible film that I consider one of the two best films of that year (you'll know the other one later). I'm waiting to the next production.



May




In Spain, the "15-M" movement captured the attention of all Spanish people.




Oh! That the other film I love. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, I really think it is a good production, the make up is amazing and the whole effort to enable this film makes it awesome. I'm waiting the next delivery again.








June


Google decided to go in the networks business, so it created Google Plus. I usually read many news about G+ success, but I consider it one network more and for me it doesn't have any utility, at least for now...




July

 NASA ended the work of the space shuttles in July. In my opinion, I think that was a very bad idea. I hope new shuttles were built to continue, as they affirm.






August



In August, Red Hot Chili Peppers made me the happiest with their last album "I'm with you", of course I think it's the best event regarding to music of 2011. A great, incredible, amazing, awesome album that always will be with me.





September


In September, from Fermilab in USA came the new of the Tevatron closure. I neither liked this, but money problems forced Fermilab people to close it.






October


A bad new, Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO and co-founder died last October. He was the person who brought Apple until now we know with his effort and obsession for the design.







Just in the same month of S. Jobs death, the Iphone 4s was launched. I didn't augured a good start neither a good sale number, but I was mistaken. It was a success. Later, problems with battery duration came but that is another matter...






November


Kinect, the gadget of the year for many people. It's a true that they has been created a lot of applications for it, even so, I continue surprising me.







Kindle Fire, the e-book reader by Amazon, has been very famous this Christmas. It has had a great number of sales, but it was been much high whether the price was less.








December




I have to say goodbye to this year with this bad new, the "SINDE" law was approved yesterday or the day before yesterday, but don't worry, all we know, this won't be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment