Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Multilayer Printed Circuit Board

The other day I wanted to reuse some parts from a broken computer motherboard. I didn't want to try desoldering because I knew motherboards are multilayer PCBs, extremely difficult to solder or desolder on them. As I only wanted the audio ports, on the edge, I cut them. Easy.

After taking a look at my rubbish cutting work I though it would be perfect for showing you how multilayer PCBs are inside.

It is very difficult to find on the Internet (I haven't been able) clear pictures or simply some pictures like these ones, so enjoy.

Click to make them larger.

 You might think this particular board is thicker than others, but it's just an effect for this much zoom. It actually is 1.5 mm thick.

You can see those copper layers. There are at least 6 or 7! Mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment